Sunday, December 30, 2007

it's Valentine's already






I am hosting a Valentine's Day swap for the Charmsters group that i belong to. we formed through Artnsoul, Portland - 2007. We had a lovely charm swap with 50 participants and i met a great group of people through the group! So we decided to forge on and i suggesed a Valentine's charm swap. i wanted to keep this swap a little smaller, but low and behold, before i knew it the particpants numbered 50 again! we are each making 52 charms. 50 for swapping and then 2 will go to our honorary members, Glenny and Cindy, the two women who run Artnsoul. The due date for the Valentine's Day swap is fast approaching, so i wanted to get mine finished. As the host, i will be receiving all those packets of charms and then sorting them into 50 different piles! (my husband has already volunteered to help sort). so i wanted mine finished by this weekend as i have other things to get done as well (gifts for Artnest, trades for Artfest, 27 ATC's for a fabric ATC book with Beeshay to name a few!)

so here are my charms for the swap. i took little wood hearts and made mini collages. the background consists of tissue papers and gold foil i save from chocolates! then i reduced vintage Valentine's Day cards from a box of vintage cards i purchased at a flea market and collaged them on top. i drilled a hole, did some wire wrapping with beads, used some tea dye on the side of the wood to age it and then added my jump ring. i think they are pretty cool!

9 comments:

  1. Kecia,
    These look so cool! Mine are on their way!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful charms you have created.
    How lucky are you to have a husband that will help you sort them all.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, the charms are extremely cool.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND the presentation is excellent! Happy New Year, Kecia -Hope to see you sometime again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! I love them and I cannot wait to hang one from my Valentine necklace. My children are leaving today so once I get over the blues I will put mine together. The soon to be charms are asleep in my bench, waiting.

    Happy New Year dear Kecia! the best of everything to you and the rest of the family.

    Allegra

    ReplyDelete
  7. valentines already? these are really wonderful and so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh those are DE-LISH Kecia ! They bring back memories of my childhood and receiving those fun 1970s valentines at school ( I wish I'd kept some of them ).

    Your friends are in for some wonderful wee treasures :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!