Monday, February 27, 2012

what i've been working on

Hey everyone! i thought i'd share some photos of some of the things that I've been creating in my studio lately. I keep saying how "busy" i am, so i figured I'd show some pics of what I've busy at. In between creating, I've been taking an online class with Sally Jean to create one of her fabulous chandeliers. This project was a lot more involved that I anticipated and I've had to slowly make gains on my Chandy; but it is coming along and looking beautiful. Still have much to do on it!

also, my bff, Jane and I have been working on an online soldering class for next January. We've completed our projects (which will be unveiled later on our new blog). We will begin filming the class this summer and want to launch it in January 2013 (you know the time of year where we are sad that the holidays are over and starting to get a little bored of winter already? perfect timing!) if you think you might be interested, be sure and sign up for my newsletter (right column)

In mid April, I am debarking on a cross country trip driving from New Jersey to California where I will be teaching at Artistic Affaire. I'm turning it into a journey of sorts visiting friends along the way and just taking the time to discover myself again. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be a long drive, but I've broken it down into some easy driving and great stops along the way. Once I am there, I will teach and vend and then i will spend the next few weeks playing in my home state and visiting family before heading home again.






flower girls

--------------------------------------------







keys of strength


------------------------------------------





a cool manikin that i made over. I did encaustics on it and added resin wings
-------------------------------------------------------------






a canvas painting that i did and then added textiles


-----------------------------------------------






torch soldered necklaces


-------------------------------



torch soldered hearts

-----------------------------------------



resin hearts

--------------------------------------------

this is a piece i made for myself for the trip. It's a talisman/journey dream keeper





---------------------------------------------

and lastly, here's my progress on my soldered chandelier (Sally Jean's online class)




31 comments:

  1. Kecia you sure have been busy, everything looks great! look forward to seeing you at AIY

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!! everything you make is soooooo gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heavens! You HAVE been busy. What a wonderful collection of artful goodness :) Have a wonderful, wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Kecia! I love every single piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - that talisman piece you made for your journey if over the top! LOVE IT! Are you having a sale to raise funds for your trip. Keep me posted on that - I would love to buy a piece to support your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow and wow! love everything!! but especially the flower girl necklaces! youre work is so amazing Kecia. and your special piece is really awesome too!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really HAVE been busy -- love everything. your work always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is fabulous, but your talisman is over the top! love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pieces are all incredible kecia! gorgeous, gorgeous work...
    xo natalea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kecia, you continue to outdo yourself. I am loving each and every one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much eye candy for one to behold!
    rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work makes my heart sing! *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!