Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'll show you mine.......

So my Aussie traveling partner in crime, Seth, (Seth-o!), is doing a blog post party today encouraging bloggers to show off pictures off their "real time" worktables. While the magazines that show off studios are quite beautiful, they seem quite  "pristine" without a hair out of my place. I know others looked at the magazines and wish for such beautiful studios. But while beautiful, it is unrealistic to portray normal, average working studios as that pristine. While I would certainly love  for my studio to be showcased in such a magazine, I'm pretty certain, I would have to do a lot of tidying up and removing a lot of my "beloved clutter"; which doesn't really make it my studio then!

Anyway, hop over to Seth's blog to see the lists of participants and pictures of their "working studios". Here are my pics (but keep in mind that I gave it a good cleaning before leaving for Australia and haven't had whole lot of time since returning to aptly mess it back up!




 this was early this morning

-------------------------------------------------------




this was later in the evening after working all day on a few projects (please note THE BEER). Not sure I've seen that in a studio mag before!) So this is the table where I paint. I do tend to keep it pretty clean as I like a lot of free space on my table while painting. It's easy to keep pretty tidy by keeping my paints to the side in the wheeled caddy and my paint brushes in containers behind me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is my jewelry workstation. It is always a mess for some reason. Maybe because there are so many small components needed. I'll deal with this later.........

--------------------------------------------



and this is the table where my projects go into que while waiting to be finished. I do a lot of things in stages or run out of time and then they are in "que" til I get back to them or figure out how the heck I want to finish them up. It always looks cluttered. 

Pretty much I keep the floor of my studio quite tidy. For some reason a dirty floor drives me insane, so I do sweep it alot, get papers off the floor, etc.

here's an updated picture as the studio gets messier and messier (note tucker hanging out!)


36 comments:

  1. I love seeing the creative spaces of other artists no matter the condition they're in. It's such an inspiration for my own workspace. I appreciate you sharing yours and love it! It looks like such a cozy nook that your worktable is in, surrounded by the big pieces of furniture. Awesome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work area so much!! I have absolutely NO free space on my table right now, which means I have to clean before I can start working. That is extra lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of stuff, but it is always organized and interesting to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the projects you have on the go, your space makes me want to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when I can move in! Love your creative space. Cheers-Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I see a few pieces that I recognize. :)

    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a painted floor I see?...lovely. You're right, it IS neat(ish)...but it is obvious a LOT of creative stuff goes on there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your studio, so whimsical and I envy that bank of drawers behind the desk... SIGH.. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awesome. Can I come over and have a beer and make something ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see your space! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your space is amazing...very inspiring and full of character... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful space! I love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first photo really threw me, it was so un Kecia like. Glad to see it morphed back into you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun peek into your gorgeous space. This room gives off an excellent artsy vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaahhh Kecia!! What a treasure trove your studio is!!! I had the pleasure of viewing your online tour at the Reality Retreat and now to see these photos...oh...can I come over and just walk around and look? I promise I won't "lift" anything! (fingers crossed) heehee Seriously and awesome studio full of inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing Kecia! see you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just LOVE the look of your studio! It's very inspiring and also nice to know that I am not alone in having a messy studio space. Some of your organization is giving me ideas for storage for the many venues of art I create in - thanks for sharing your space!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful, inspiring creative space you have; it makes me want to jump into the picture and start making something!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I fell in love with your studio, and I'm a neat freak! I was especially impressed with the que area. It was far neater than the jewelry area. I was in awe of your table and they amount of space you have on it. Mine is so small, I can only work on one project at a time. Did you place stencils on your floor and paint it? Or did you have a lot of overspray (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME share! Love your vintage cabinets and shelves! Not to mention, your works in progress are AMAZING! P.S. The beer was a great touch of reality! Thanks so much for the glimpse into your real time workspace! Happy Creating! :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!