Hello and welcome to my info page for my new online class called , "Sunshine Dolls" with kecia deveney. The course begins Nov. 1, 2019 . Registration begins now. Early bird pricing is $45 which includes postage to send you the sunshine face (United States only. International postage will be handled indivdiually). *please note this is not a beginners, "how to use your machine or learn how to sew class". Course is built on the assumption that you know how to use your machine and have some sewing background. Class can be viewed indefinitely/no expiration. Once you received class info, please print out class link info and place in a folder (so that you can find it easily when you need it). Also, buy purchasing class, you RESPECTFULLY agree to not share class information. Thank you so much for that.
supplies and info:
- fabric scissors, thread (for machine), machine needles, sewing pins, etc.
- assorted scrap fabrics, patches, words, preprinted fabric pictures
- sunshine face screen (supplied by Kecia). Additional faces can be ordered for $5 a piece.
- fabric markers or acrylic paint to paint the supplied face.
- polyfill (doll stuffing) or recycle pillow filling (no pillow feathers though!)
- dowel or hemostat for turning arms
- a working sewing machine. (hand stitching is an option, but there will be no instructions on hand-stitching your doll)
- 1/4" yard fabric for your front and back of doll
- focal image. Along with class information, I will be emailing a free download to use as your focal image ("I am an artist" statement as viewed in my photos). However, you are free to use anything that you like - this is optional.
- optional - PhotoFabric by Blumenthal Craft. find at craft stores or amazon. this is for use with an inkjet printer.
- optional - poly pellets. I like to stuff my dolls and then use a little bit of this at the bottom for weight. def not required though.
- optional - small amount of batting
*by signing up you agree to all these terms.