Tuesday, August 11, 2009

books, jewelry and classes

(click on photo for an enlarged view)

here is my book from Judy's class this past weekend. i didn't get any of the inside pages done. i just played with my cover. my thought was to make it look really old, but also as if it was falling apart and somone tried to repair it with some handmade stitching, etc. on the inside and the side panel, i used this wonderful old upholstery fabric picked up at the flea market. it has these beautiful birds on it. and it is quite fragile and frays easily, which was a plus for my book! i also used as a signature an old men's leather toiletry bag that i had deconstructed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

(click on photo for an enlarged view)
and look at this yummy necklace! Barbe St. John and i did a necklace swap with each other when we met up for dinner in San Fran last week. i just love it. everyone is quite taken with it (strangers and friends alike!) thanks so much Barbe. i sure wish i could get that girl on a plane to visit me! (hint hint)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, i'm planning some classes for Nov. and early Dec. when i finally get a break in my schedule. you can read about it on my other blog, Jersey Jypsies.

3 comments:

  1. WOW...you are so talented!! Love the book cover..fantastic result! The necklace is to die for!! Wish I was closer so that I could learn from you...your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is beautiful Kecia. I love the way it looks with the stitching on it!

    And that necklace is yummy too!

    Hope to see you again soon. So fun over the weekend.

    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is just spectacular. And as amazing as it looks here, having been at the workshop with you, I know it is even a thousand times more spectacular in person.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!