Tuesday, January 18, 2011

weekend with Colleen Moody

Boy did we have an amazing weekend. Colleen Moody flew in and 20 of us took a 2 day workshop with her on sculpting a bird out of paperclay. We made our own feet and wings as well. As you can imagine, there was lots of laughs and fun. We got a good deal done on our dolls and then Sunday night after dinner, a few of us continued to work on our dolls while Colleen sat and relaxed (she worked hard, our Colleen!)




Colleen brought me this gorgeous doll as a gift. I know, i know, I'm a lucky girl!

------------------------------------------------


and this is what i gifted Colleen with

-----------------------------





the morning started off with a visit from kashie

-----------------------------------------


and then it was time to get to work!

































---------------------------------------

here's where i am at with my doll. she is a ballerina. she has her dress, it just needs to be sewn in the back. I'm thinking for her head, i'm going to make a crown out of some vintage metal fencing that i have.









thanks again to Colleen for a wonderful weekend and jetting across the united states to share your art and talents with us!

5 comments:

  1. This class looks like it was such fun! Love everyone's dolls.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I had the best time and learned so much!
    Colleen rocks! Thanks again for hosting Kecia!
    hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keesh, it looks like EVERYONE had a wonderful time and boy did you have a great turn-out!
    I love your ballerina a LOT. I have a thing for ballerinas and your's is beautiful.

    Do I see a redhead in your group named Rita??
    From Texas??
    Like 20 minutes from me??
    I think I do!
    How about that!!

    Have missed you, sugar.
    It feels good to feel good enough to start catching up after losing a year.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much fun!!!! love seeing all the pictures. now i want to make a doll!
    xo
    viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a awesome visit for me and one of my favorite and funniest girl weekends!!! xox~

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!