Saturday, September 29, 2007

steps to a mosaic mirror







I made this mirror for my friend, Jan, as a surprise for Artnsoul. it says "Because nice matters", which is her favorite saying. i showed the steps to creating a mirror. i started by gluing the scrabble letters down first. you want to get an idea of where to center the words. then i started nipping my pieces and gluing them down. after letting all the pieces dry, i then grouted it. (my least favorite part!). then viola, clean it up and it's ready to go.



3 comments:

  1. Its great! Very cool text:) I love mosiac things but haven't made anything with it since I was a kid. Its the best way of recycling ever. I bet your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a thoughtful friend! She will love that!-Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is a lot of work...patient kind of work! It's gorgeous and I can only imagine what kind of happiness it will bring. AND it just makes you smile to look at it.

    xox Rella

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!