Saturday, September 29, 2007

2nd altered doll in round robin











here's the 2nd altered doll from the Warehouseartchix i received. the first picture (above) shows how the doll looked as she arrived. here is what i did to her: i added some glittered leaves on which i glued vintage words on. then i applied them to look like wings. i made her a top out of really cute polka dot material. then i gave her a pearl necklace with a charm that says "be yourself". i glued a gold bird into her hat and then made her a pearl bracelet. i also sewed a wire hanger on the back of her in case the owner would like to hang her up. i also painted her arms green with polka dots.







5 comments:

  1. The doll looks like great fun and I loved the mirror, too.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia-Wow, you made that doll look complete!! Love the polk dot arms too! Deb is gonna love that!! I need to post the pics of mine now that it is finished-Sandra p.s. the gold stuff on your bday cone was German gold buillion. I got that years ago and I think it is meant for the Christmas tree, like tinsel, but I just love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely doll

    i tagged you on my blog

    you don't have to play if you don't want to, I won't be offended

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love the project. what a cool concept. I would be terrified to mess up but you altered it really cool. I looked scary before. But not it looks really nice. Love the wings and the charm. And the polkadot paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kecia!!
    I LOVE what you've done to this doll!!!!!!!*OH - Thank you soooo much - she's fantastic - love the wings, the top, the necklace and the painted arms!!! Oh - -thank you for every little detail ~ she's beautiful - I can't wait to see her in person!!! Debra

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!