Wednesday, September 5, 2007

the beginning of my altered doll - round robin

Here is the start of my altered doll for the round robin i am in with the Warehouseartchix (http://warehouseartchix.typepad.com/warehouseartchix/2007/08/index.html ). I am a "guest" warehouse chick. you can see the dolls they started at their blog. my doll will be sent out today as soon as i find out who i am sending it to! i will be receiving Sandra's doll first. i met Sandra on Etsy when she purchased one of my blank manikins to altered (still have many more of those for sale @$9.00!) i can't wait to see what she's done with hers. i actually just sold an altered manikin, which i called "a woman's valet" to Amy's (my loyal customer!) sister, Jill. i will keep taking pictures as the robin progresses. My doll's face is from Lani Kent (ebay) and i glued it into a bottle cap and added glossy accent resin. then i glued the face onto a medallion thingy that i picked up at a flea market in California about 5 years ago (with a few others). then i took a wood stick (like a popsicle stick, but round and inserted it into the hole of the wooden spool. i added glue inside the spool along with a nut (as in hardware, not peanut) to keep the stick still. i next glued the medallion onto the stick. the last thing i did was glued the whole thing onto a very small plate for stablility.

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your body!!! What a great idea!! FABULOUS!! I can't wait to see it in person:) Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi debra! thank you so much. yes, this is so fun. looking at the pictures, i'm already working ideas in my mind for the other dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start for you doll RR. It'll be cool to see her when she returns home; you'll have to post pictures.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both!!! Of course I love flowers!!! so it would not have mattered that yours had a floral head too!! So glad you are doing this with us!! -Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned blanks for sale, can you point me to them?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, jeri, the blanks i was refering to is a large manikin torso made form papermache. there is no head, just a neck area. is this what you had in mind? i don't know your email so i'm posting info here. you can reach me at keeshagirl4@aol.com. i sell them $9.00 plus shipping.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!