Art interview with Sketchbook Skool for their newest ecourse with me along with 3 other artists, called Mixed Media Journaling.
Monday, November 4, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Hey and thank you for being here! Due to some technical difficulties on my part (operator error), my old site suffered a slight downfall. But I am happy to say that currently in the works is a new website. So please stay tuned!
in the meantime you can find me:
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Hello and welcome to my info page for my new online class called, "Sunshine Dolls" with Kecia Deveney. The course begins on Jan. 1, 2020. Registration begins now. The price for the class is $55 which includes postage to send you the sunshine face (United States only. International postage will be handled individually). *Please note this is not a beginner, "how to use your machine or learn how to sew class". The course is built on the assumption that you know how to use your machine and have some sewing background. The class can be viewed indefinitely/with no expiration. Once you received class info, please print out class link info and place it in a folder (so that you can find it easily when you need it). Also, buy purchasing class, you RESPECTFULLY agree to not share class information. Thank you so much for that.
supplies and info:
- fabric scissors, thread (for the machine), machine needles, sewing pins, etc.
- assorted scrap fabrics, patches, words, preprinted fabric pictures
- sunshine face screen (supplied by Kecia). Additional faces can be ordered for $5 apiece.
- fabric markers or acrylic paint to paint the supplied face.
- polyfill (doll stuffing) or recycle pillow filling (no pillow feathers though!)
- dowel or hemostat for turning arms
- a working sewing machine. (hand stitching is an option, but there will be no instructions on hand-stitching your doll)
- 1/4" yard fabric for your front and back of doll
- focal image. Along with class information, I will be emailing a free download to use as your focal image ("I am an artist" statement as viewed in my photos). However, you are free to use anything that you like - this is optional.
- optional - PhotoFabric by Blumenthal Craft. find at craft stores or amazon. this is for use with an inkjet printer.
- optional - poly pellets. I like to stuff my dolls and then use a little bit of this at the bottom for weight. def not required though.
- optional - small amount of batting
*by signing up you agree to all these terms.
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
This kind of public frustration is even more annoying because there is no control. You just have to do as they say and keep your mouth shut. The TSA employees at Newark anyway must be told in their job descriptions “don’t smile”, “don’t be helpful” “act like you could give a shit about people”, etc. So we merge into the long line and no one is happy about it.
Finally landed in Chicago feeling exhausted but not quite as pissy. Now it was a matter of catching my connection flight, which is a whole other story for another time.
Monday, November 6, 2017
I’m having a hard time tonight. A good friend died unexpectedly last week and it’s crushing my soul. I’m making do this week. Day by day- still alive as someone died. These feelings Always takes me back to 2 things: what happened to tucker and the death of my best friend, Michele.