Monday, December 13, 2010

Michael deMeng is gonna be in the house!


Purse’n, Place or Things

Finally I have managed to snag Mr. deMeng to stop by Lemoncholy's Studio and teach a class for us. The dates are Oct. 1 & 2, 2011. If you've never taken a class with Michael before, then you are in for a treat. I highly recommend spending a few days with him as you will learn much and leave with a very cool project!








here are the details about the class:

Purse’n, Place or Things


"When I think of purses, I think of my grandmother. She used to have this enormous cream patent leather purse. Inside, well, inside was everything that anyone would ever want. I swear she had circus clowns in there. Usually when on thinks of handbags they think of the items that go inside, in this class we are going to do just the opposite. We are going to adorn the exterior of the purse with strange and wondrous things. We will be using the process of assemblage to transform a everyday handbag into a sculptural sight to behold. It will become something that becomes not a mere vessel to hold tissues, sunglasses and circus clowns, but an item of personal expression. Fashion. Turn to the left. Fashion. Turn to the right"

---------------------------------

If you are interested in his class, please email me personally at keeshagirl4@aol.com and i will give you more information. Seating is limited and on a first come first serve basis. This is a 2 day class @ $100 per day.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on snagging him to come and teach at your place. He's an amazing artist and I hear he's a fabulous teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I took a class from him earlier this year. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kecia! I wish I lived nearer to you! Colleen Moody and this too! I'm so jealous and oct 2 is my birthday too! I shall have to live vicariously through you!
    hugs and happy holidays!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!