Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holiday decor



here's a really easy project that was fun and inexpensive to do:

supplies needed:

paper mache star wands - i found mine at JoAnne's ($1 each)
vintage text pages
glitter
white paint
modge podge glue
small glass Christmas balls - mine are vintage, but use what you have
glass container- mine is actually plastic from the $1 store, it's shaped like a Sundae glass
ribbon
paintbrush
water cup

-----------------------------------------------

*first i collaged the front of the stars with text, let dry.
*next i painted the back of the stars and wand white.
*on the front sides of the stars, also line in white.
*then i hit the front of the stars with more modge podge (slightly watered down) and glittered.
*stick wands in the glass. i cut a couple of them to vary the height.
*add colorful glass balls
*tie ribbon around base
Viola! you are done and you now have a very pretty decoration!








come back tomorrow and i'll share another great tree decorating tip!

6 comments:

  1. What a charming and elegant idea! I would love to try this. I don't live near a Jo-Annes's, but perhaps Michael's has something similar. Or I can probably affix dollar store star ornaments to dowels to get a similar effect. Thanks for the idea. I may use it to decorate my boutique flower shop for christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia, these are gorgeous! And I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! It can be used long after Christmas is over. May I ask why you only decoupaged the front with text and not the entire star? Just wondering if it would make a difference. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful......I love them....tfs

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!