Sunday, April 18, 2010

some ramblings




Not much new and exciting to report around here. been working on some projects, deadlines, submissions - behind the scenes kind of stuff and also at the same time been doing some yardwork - getting ready to plant some color around the front and back porch.

the picture above is of my pretty vintage chenille bedspread that i got for Valentine's day. i realized i had never posted a picture of it. i just love the colors in it. it's a little short for my king bed, so i was thinking of cutting another vintage bedspread, also, in white/chenille, in half and then sewing each half on the sides to create a bigger coverlet. i think it would work because the other coverlet has fringe on the sides. we'll see though, as i'm not sure if i feel like going to all that work!

4 comments:

  1. love that bedspread! yes, I think you could lengthen it with another spread.. why not? I would.
    have a great week.
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia, it's a beauty! If you don't want to sew, just layer it over a simple white coverlet. I always layer my bedding.

    PS Today I glued the rhinestones on the angel and added some chain. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO pretty! never seen one so bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chenille bedspreads, have one myself its white...for sure you need to cut and sew to make it fit...blessings Eden

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!