Monday, November 5, 2007

30 days of thanks continues.....


Today i am thankful..... Well, i don't know if i'm comfortable with the word, thankful for this post, so i think i will change it to - today i appreciate :


ME!
the reason i wanted to post this, is because i've noticed lately that many women are so hard on themselves! and i'm not singleing anyone out by any means - because so many women do this. They don't like how they look, think they've gained too much weight, hate this, hate that. My day in NY alone in class i had 3 different women say something about their looks. One woman in this class felt so bad about herself that she didn't want any pictures taken and definitely didn't want them on my blog. i told her that i felt sad that she was so down on herself. but if you look at her, she is beautiful. she has a great smile, a lovely face, etc. i don't see the things that she is so critical of. I guess i just wish for all women that we could accept ourselves for who we are at the moment. we will never be who we looked like in high school - that time is gone. we are now - love yourself. the harshest critic is ourselves! So you might be heavy right now, so what? eventually when you are ready, you will lose the pounds. you aren't going to enjoy life because you are 15 pounds overweight?
So back to appreciating myself..... long ago, i put those self insecurities aside. one day i just realized that people will see what you want them to see. Do i want to appear confident, smart, creative, what? Eventually i found that by putting my fears aside and projecting myself, i believed it. does that make sense? i'm a hard worker, a nice, kind person, confident and thoughtful. there are some things that i wish were more about myself, but you know what? that's not me, that is someone else that i am comparing myself to and thinking "shouldn't i be more like that?" NO! once i stopped comparing myself and accepted myself for who i am, then i came to appreciate myself so much more.
So, ladies, friends, girls, etc. - try to be thankful for you and who you are right now, because that's the person i love!
my best always,
kecia

10 comments:

  1. i love your post today! and i am happy that you are the real deal and that we met and have become real good friends! because i am all about what you see is what you get with me too....and if i do not stop eating your famous tacos, i will become a big fat burrito..hehehe
    xox~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on ! Life is going by way too fast to be unhappy !
    Oh boy I wish I could indulge in one your famous tacos lol ! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kecia, you're awesome! Thanks for being so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well said...thank you. Now if only I could always remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keesha, LOVE this post!! Good for you for believing what you wrote....and I know you do because I know you well:)
    and i love you! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your BLOG.your sweet banner
    and can I copy
    30 days of thanks??
    I need to focus on
    the GOOD things..
    fondly, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous post Kecia. Your blog just is a delight!!! Your santuary is just the most beautiful thing ever! And that guitar is a masterpiece! I am enjoying reading your 30 days of thanks!
    Take Care
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Words, sentiments to live by. So few do it, so many need to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, girl. And such a flattering picture too! I gotta try that. Hope the lighting cooperates and my arms are long enough to keep the shot from being blurry...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!