Saturday, January 2, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge





yesterday dillon and i attended the 8th annual Sons of Ireland polar bear plunge. it is a fundraiser that disperses funds to Special Olympics, Clean Ocean Act and a few other charities. It was a lot of fun. There was a band playing inside the convention center and the place was packed. there was drinking, dancing with plenty of excitement in the air. the temp outside wasn't too bad, but i know the water was a brisk 40 degrees! i can barely get myself to go into the water during the summer, so i could not imagine going into that water! i was content to watch and take pictures. dillon was thinking of organizing his friends to participate next year. A group of bag pipers were there to play. the polar bears started singing The Star -Spangled Banner and at the end of the song, a whistle blew and they were off and running.

4 comments:

  1. *WHEW*
    I thought that YOU were "plunging" into that frigid water! Glad to hear that you were just a spectator! hehe :)
    Happy New Year, my friend~ wishing you happiness!
    OX
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! What a great cause and lots of fun!
    Hugs and happy new year, Kecia,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!! I can't imagine going in water that cold!!!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I don't mind the cold but I WOULD mind plunging!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!