Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a goodbye gift



tucker's teacher is leaving his school for another job. :( we are bummed, but only wish the best for her. she was great with tucker; very caring, concerned and attentive. i made one of my signature "patchwork of love" pendants as her going away gift.

also please stop by and visit my friend, Deryn's blog. she is holding an auction of one of her beautiful necklaces on her blog with proceeds going to Hope for Haiti. To place a bid, just go to comments and enter the amount you wish to bid. currently the bidding is at $70.

there currently isn't anything in her etsy shoppe at the moment, but Rebecca Sower, who has ties to Haiti will be adding some items soon with sales also going towards "Hope for Haiti".

****if you are one of the bidders for Deryn's auction, please leave me a comment here to be entered in my "patchwork of love" pendant giveaway. the winner will be able to pick her own word to go inside the pendant.****

11 comments:

  1. Thank you!!

    I am a bidder!

    Susan Reaney
    reane002@umn.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea Kecia...thanks for leaving me the note on my blog. Your generosity is heart warming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chance Kecia! And thanks for coming by Treasures Found. Please add my name to the hat!

    I think that I am going to donate all the proceeds from the month of January to the rescue/relief efforts. I am about to finish a bunch of pendants and earrings that I will drop off at the gallery I show my work at. Every little bit helps!
    Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, thanks for contacting me. i am a bidder, not the highest bidder now, but i will be making a donation.
    sandra
    marbellajewelry@yahoo.com
    marbelladesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kecia! So very nice of you to write...your artwork is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by to let me know - what a lovely and generous idea! Please enter me also.
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog Kecia with your kind comments. Deryn is very sweet to auction off a piece of her amazing work..I've bid several times but i think i'm out of the race now.
    Your giveaway is such a generous gesture...thanks so much for the wonderful opportunity!
    I love the gift you've made for Tucker's teacher...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely thing you are doing here. Thank you. Cindy Swan-Eagan

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such a generous heart and tuckers teacher will cherish her necklace!
    xo~

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice of you to add a gift to one of he bidders. This is such a tragic disaster. Just saw some more of the news on tv. Fortunately troops, doctors and aid are arriving. God bless them everyone. nancy connelly

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!