Thursday, July 29, 2010

flea market friday - join in!



Hi and welcome to flea market friday. Feel free to show off our cool vintage finds from the flea market, garage sale, thrift or antique store.

the rules of participation:

1) you don't have to have to go to a flea market on friday - you can show off any wonderful treasures that you have found any time while at the flea market, junking antiquing or thrift store.
2) please mention Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy's Flea Market Friday in your blog post and link back to this post.
3) this is a blog hop to meet other bloggers, so please no links if you are just trying to advertise your site. if you'd like to talk to me about sponsoring your flea market website, feel free to email me.



for those who know me, you know I love my hats! I have been waiting to find a top hat that would fit me- so i was so excited to find this today. I'm going to give it some serious flair. I'm thinking feathers, bling, flowers, etc. can't wait to work on it.



this vintage brooch is my favorite find



delicious bling



this tiny revolver will look really fun in a necklace




someone made these tiny little tiles. on the back they say "handpainted by Natalie"



found these nicely worn cowboy boots for $20.



jeff and i found this column for $45. i thought i'd use it as a jewelry display at shows

--------------------------------------

and occasionally i'll run into a pal or two at the flea market. here's Beth of Gypsy Fish Studio and I having some early morning tea.





7 comments:

  1. Hi Kecia,
    What great finds, the hat is awesome!
    enJOY a beautiful weekend,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat looks great! I love all the stuff you find. I definitely have to get to a flea market with you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out friend ... I may have to sneak in, hold you at gunpoint {with the mini revolver} and steal those boots !! ... oh, and while I'm at it, I'll take the jewels too! I'll leave you with the hat ... looks awesome on ya ; )

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Kecia ~ You have such a great eye. I just adore that hat ~ can't wait to see what you do with it (perhaps a crooked tea cup on top:) And that column is yummy. Have a great weekend ~ Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! It's a good thing you got there before me I would have soooo snagged that hat! Great finds! I've been looking for one for yearS! Good stuff floating around there yesterday! Had a blast!
    big hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh fun! I love your flea market finds. The top hat is adorable on you!
    Thanks for sharing all the great stuff.
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo drooling over your top hat...I have been on the lookout for one too. You found some really cool stuff..I want to shop where you shop at..hehe

    I forgot to join Flea Market Friday but pinky promise to join this coming Friday.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!