Wednesday, August 25, 2010

more Art in the rough, 2010



What can I say about Art-in-the-rough? it was magical. it was like being back at girl scout camp, only funner because i got to enjoy it with my son. We were fed well - every meal was well planned and delicious. there was a campfire every morning and every evening. we had hot showers and plenty of room to do our art and in our tents. there was a delicious lobster bake one evening where they cooked the lobster in a traditional Maine way in which they also cook still in its stalk, corn on the cob. yummy! there were snacks in between and desserts at every turn. i taught a jewelry class one day and then took a banner class with taryn the next. we finished off the evening with silly photographs (quite fun to see know!) and then dinner and a movie in the barn (Alice in Wonderland). the planning, details and menu. everyone walked away with a door prize, even dillon. i give an A+. this group worked hard to show us a good time in beautiful Maine and it was perfect.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh how I wish I could have been there! I really hope to go if they have another one next year. That's so cool that you & your son are so close. Does he make art with you often? My son does but he's still a lil guy (only 7 years old).

    Anyways, thanks so much for sharing your pictures and experience. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia thanks for sharing all the fun! Marlene keeps saying what a fabulous time she had and definately seems that way. Hugs Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast...you are one AWESOME photographer...I LOVE all of your pics...thanks for sharing xoxo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a phenom photographer you are!!! is there anything you don't put your golden touch on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kecia ~ YIPES!! What a crazy blast you must have had. I must admit, I am usually quite standoff-ish on anything that involves a tent, but WOW - this looks very cool. Your photos are amazing. And your son is wicked cute;);)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!