Monday, August 30, 2010

Beadfest 2010

I recently attended Beadfest in Philly and took classes with Susan Lenart Kazmar and Linda Larsen. Their company is Objects and Elements, of which i am a design team member. So i thought since they were in my hood, i'd take advantage of that and get in some classes with them. I took the classes with my friend, Leslie, who was kind enough to let me stay with her the whole time so that i didn't have to commute or pay for lodging. (thanks again!)




Susan's class was all about resin application and we used the much touted ICE resin. I just love this product. if you go over to the website, there are all kinds of tutorials and photos on projects done using ICE resin. you can also keep up with the blog to see projects done by all the design team members. for my first project, I embedded a butterfly (found right before class in the parking lot of WaWa!) into one of O&E's bezels. (whoops, i just realized that my bezel pics is upside down, but you get the idea. then we let them dry overnight before continuing on with other projects. i'm still finishing mine up, so i'll post pics later of the completed piece.








at lunch time we went downstairs to do some shopping! we ran into Suze and her husband, Lenny.
----------------------------------------

then we ran into Jane and her daughter, Claudia

------------------------------------------------








here's a picture that leslie took of my pod in progress (another one of susan's class projects) i ended up making mine into a nest (instead of adding the resin paper to cover the pod).

------------------------------------


Here's me with Linda. i am almost finished with her project as well. more pics coming later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kecia,

    Thanks for posting about me! Hope to see you again sometime soon. Come check out my giveaway, I think you'll like it.

    Love,
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!