Saturday, January 31, 2009

cool website

i wanted to share this website on all kinds of wire wrapping techniques. i was really impressed with the steps and all the different projects. i am in the midst of creating some class proposals on jewelry and a lot of them involve wire wrapping. since i was taught those techniques by Amy Hanna, Nina Bagley and Cindy Forrestor, i'm not exactly comfortable teaching wire wrapping as i don't want any misunderstandings that i am teaching something that was taught to me. you know the controversary surrounding this "sticky" subject and i don't want any backlash on it. so i've been researching online wire wrapping techniques that i can give to my students after i show them the basics, which i do not claim to be my own. this way they have some where to learn if they get confused or forget the steps. anyway, the website is from wittyliving. enjoy, there are some great tips there!


2 comments:

  1. Cool website! I just looked at a "few" of the things they have, but I can see where this site has a lot! Thanks for sharing Kecia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keesha,
    i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look of your blog - the banner is wonderful!! Susan Tuttle again???
    This really looks like you - great job.

    Don't worry about teaching a class on wire wrapping and thinking you'd be accused of "stealing" someone else's technique. I've been wire wrapping for a long time and so have hundreds of others - no one has a claim to w.w.'ing.
    take a deep breath and enjoy teaching your class!!!
    i taught my first class last year and am teaching my second one this year - it's a LOT of work, but so much fun! be sure you allow yourself a LOT of prep time:)

    i STILL miss "us".
    i may die missing us, but at least you'll know it! LOL

    xoxo, jan

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!