Thursday, May 27, 2010

Relay for life

last weekend, Dillon and some of his friends, took part in a fundraiser for cancer research called, "Relay for life". Dillon was the team captain (one of many!) and they organize a group of people, came up with a team name and then set out to get sponsors. someone from their team had to be walking on the track at all times. i went down to take pictures and what a site! lots of campsites with grills, tents, balloons, decorations and more. there were activities at certain times (for example at 1:00 in the morning there was to be a hip hop dance lesson). it really looked like a fun time. and the students ended up raising about $110,000.00, which is so amazing!

7 comments:

  1. Great photos! Love the Pirates of the "Cure"ibbean-I might have to poach that for next year! My daughter's Relay for Life was last weekend here in Northern NJ. I was her team chaperone from midnight to 3:30 am. When she got home, she slept from 6 in the morning till 7 that night. I remember those days lol. Wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I have always wanted to do this but its usually a really bad weekend timing wise here for me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now these sort of stories make my heart swell...you must be very proud x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of your son for participating in such a worthy cause. My oldest daughter and I walked the Susan G. last yr. and will again. I've even done the 3-day!! My mom is a b-cancer survivor and my sister is currently going through it and doing great!!! God Bless all who choose to help fight this evil disease!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do and what a great group of young people. But then again, the apple never falls too far from the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. he will be a great adult...
    hows tucker doing? is he
    feeling better? xox

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!