Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Extra Exciting News!


this is news i have been sitting on since February . do you know how hard it is to sit on fun and exciting news? it's hard to do!

So what's the news? i am excited to announce that i was asked to be the newest design team member of Objects and Elements (tool and supplies for the mixed media artist). it all started in late January when i was at CHA, "walking the show" as Suze Weinberg encouraged me to do (thank you Suze for the encouragement!) I didn't go there with any agenda, but to meet people, wear my jewelry, find jewelry resources, meet up with friends, see family and per the usual, have fun and enjoy the moment! and i did have a lovely time. it was overwhelming how much talking i did, how many people stopped me to look at my jewelry or to tell me that they loved my pigtails (Melody!), run into Jenny Doh and taking the incentive to introduce myself. It was a busy, whirlwind few days and worth every second of time i took to be there. I still consider myself very green to the art world and their enthusiasm and praise for my jewelry is so encouraging and amazing. it has lead me to teaching opportunities and now this. i am grateful for friends like, Barbe and others, who believe in me. So after spending some time at the O&E booth, speaking with Susan, Linda, Jen (our den mother), Kristen and Barbe ( Deryn and Jane weren't there) and then also having the confidence to take out my portfolio and say, "want to see more"? (remember the previous post about this whole topic of learning to self promote?)- i feel that i have EARNED this and that my friends, is a very satisfying feeling.
-------------------------------------------------
here is my first piece of jewelry that i created using items that can be found at Objects and Elements.com. I really wanted to create a piece with this darling "french baby" charm. i love dolls and use them a lot in my art, so i couldn't wait to "play doll" with her. She was laid in a open back bezel and then secured with ice resin. all of these items can be found on the website.

--------------------------------------------------





Now for the fun stuff! i've decided to do a giveaway for the first piece that i designed for Objects and Elements. In my eyes, it is the perfect way to celebrate my introduction. So, all you need to do is leave a comment here on the Object and Elements blog.

the next product i look forward to playing with their new staple bezel. i see alot of potential with these and my use of vintage found objects.

stayed tune for some cool things happening at Objects and Elements. this rapidly growing company has a lot up their sleeves and i'm happy to be along for the ride!

29 comments:

  1. Awesome Kecia! I am sooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kecia....go girl!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kecia! That's very exciting news for you. I just LOVE your art work. Can't wait to see more of your works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that is wonderful!!!

    And I know what you mean about the whole "self promotion" thing, it's really uncomfortable for me too, but I'm so glad to hear that you worked on it, and it went well for you ~ I bet that does feel great! (and it can only get easier, right?)

    LOVE what you made with the little french baby charm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the perfect addition to that team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You'll make a great addition to the team. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! Your work is beautiful and you deserve this! Enjoy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is very exciting news! Many congrats on a well-deserved opportunity to share your art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats to you Kecia. You will surely be a great addition to an already awesome team of creative spirits. well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS KECIA on being a part of the dream team and being an inspiration to many,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such terrific news! Welcome (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh kecia i am so excited for you!!! congrats its always nice to hear about someone getting to do what they love for a living. marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What exciting news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just awesome news Kecia! Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Kecia! You will be a fantastic inspiration on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an honor! And to someone so deserving! I can't imagine all the wonderful pieces you will be creating with O&E's line. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a whirlwind journey, it sounds so exciting! Congratulations to you, have a wonderful time in this new adventure. Love that little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Kecia! Sounds like an exciting journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so so so great Kecia!!! Really exciting!! Aaron and I are both so so happy for you!!!

    Can't wait to see what you will create next!!!

    Best Best Wishes!!!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw the announcement O & E made and I thought way to go Kecia! Congratulations! I bought some Ice Resin and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival! Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you go girl! you are super super talented!!!
    so proud of you!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Way to GO KECIA! Of COURSE you deserve this!! I am so hopping up and down in excitement for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hard work is paying off Kecia. Good for you!!!! Love what you did. I heard these items are also being carried at Michaels. I can't wait to check them out.
    xo joanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Kecia! How wonderful to see one of "our own" achieve something so wonderful. You will be a brilliant addition to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A huge big congratulations hug!!! You so deserve all of the kudos coming your way and a little self promotion never hurt anyone...the more you do...the more comfortable you will be!
    Glad to that you are being recognized for your exceptional talent!! You go girl!! xOxO Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are very deserving of this great honor Kecia!! And to think I knew you "when"..... oxox

    ReplyDelete
  27. such wonderful news, a wonderful piece...congrats!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!