Thursday, April 22, 2010

earth day






today i went to Belmar beach to pick up trash. it is too bad it is only one day a year that we take to recognize that we all need to do our share to help out. i was a little disgusted by what i found. the area i chose was located near an inlet where a lot of fisherman go. so it seemed to me that the majority of trash i found in that area was left by them. i was very sad by the blatant waste and callous attitude. i don't get it. "pack it in, pack it out" - how hard is that to understand?



2 comments:

  1. I don't know why people think the great outdoors is a trashcan...
    Love that photo - is that what the beach looks like in your part of the world? Then I could probably stay at that beach forever, sifting through those natural jewels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say littering is my #1 pet peeve. I just don't get it. It just amazes me that anyone would think it's ok. My son and I volunteer to pick up trash along our river too. It seems to get worse each year. Anyway I love the photo and your jewelry is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!