Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sad news

( photo by Patricia J. Stark)
I'm sorry to post such sadness the day before Thanksgiving, but it is something i wanted to share awhile ago, but just never wanted to face it. My friend is dying. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 7 months ago and was given 6 months to live. I found the news shocking as she is my age, a non- smoker. i marveled at how courageous she faced this hideous disease and yet at the same time she would tell me i am the courageous one and how she was always inspired by the way i've dealt with my own personal tragedy.i'd shake my head and say, "we do what we have to do, don't we"? hospice has come to their home and she does not have much time left and i am sad. i'm grateful i got to see her one more time at Artnsoul and to have given her so many hugs. i didn't get to sign her special book while there, so i made darn sure i sent her a page to include in her book. i hope she loved it. i also surprised her on vendor night with a special necklace i made for her and i know she loved that - i loved surprising her with it.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Kecia. I am glad you were able to spend time with her and make her something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kecia that is so sad.
    Sometimes life is so unfair.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh. this sort of thing just shakes me to the core. a non-smoker with stage 4 lung cancer. how does it happen! i'm so sorry, kecia. i'm so terribly sad for your friend. without Hope and Faith, where would we be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to read about your friend, Kecia. I hope her passing is with ease and grace. That is how I lost my mom last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so sad to hear. I'm glad you had a chance to share in each other's beautiful lives.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!