Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Beautiful Egret, Belmar, NJ

I was driving my son and his girlfriend to a pool party when we drove by this little beach area and i saw this Egret. I dropped them off and then i returned to try and take his picture. these birds are pretty skittish, so i was trying to approach quietly so as not to startle him. right as i got into position, a car with young guys in it drove by and started honking at me and scared the bird! so i just started snapping away before he flew off. i was pleasantly surprised when i got to work and started looking at the pictures i took. i love this one! i've never been able to get a bird like this with his wings open so wide.

2 comments:

  1. great photo! I can definitely see a lot of uses for this photo. You really are accumulating a great collection of bird photos.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful even in midflight!!
    xoxo~kim

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!