Saturday, June 2, 2012

Highway 1


After leaving Monterey, I headed south on Highway 1. Such a beautiful drive going through Big Sur, Point Lobos, Ragged Point, Lucia, Bixby Bridge. I must have stopped a million times to take photos. I finished my drive at San Simeon, where I stopped to photograph the Elephant Seals. If you've never seen the Elephant Seals, put this on your to do list. They are located at the beach (rookery) just down the mountain from Hearst Castle (another must do!)

After my photo journey was over, I headed east into the mountains towards Bakersfield where I would spend the night before heading onto my next stop in Boulder City.




















3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous part of our State; thank you for letting us come on this adventure with you Kecia! I am loving your photos and your stories! Safe travels as you venture back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly girl you took the most spectacular pictures! The one of the bird with the coast is exceptional. They all are. Thank you for sharing yourself with us all.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!