Sunday, April 21, 2013

first baby bird of the season!



I was just sitting at the kitchen table when i heard a loud "thud" and knew immediately a bird had hit the window. Went out and scooped him up and realized he was just a bitty baby :(




(i suspect he is an eastern goldfinch, our state bird, NJ)

I wrapped him in my scarf and brought him inside; occasionally blowing warm air into his face. He took a hard hit and his eyes were closed for a few. I keep this little insect container around for just instances and placed him inside as he started to come around. About 20 minutes later, I felt he was ready to do the flight check. 








off he flew! he is so cute. i've been here since 1995 and have never seen a goldfinch baby :)




he's still hanging out in the same spot. guess that's where he will spend the night. i'll check on my boy in the morning. 

2 comments:

  1. Sweetness! The world is a better place because of your saving this bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! what a sweet little thing. I hope he is off and about enjoying his little life today!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!