Friday, March 9, 2012

holding my breath




I've been silently holding my breath over the last few days waiting for the tests results to come in for my friend. (suspected Lymphoma). She called me tonight and the results are not good. "Malignant Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma ".

Scary words. That was the hardest phone call I ever sat through. What do you say? I'm very aware in these situations that she has all her own feelings to deal with, let alone everyone else's. I told her, I wanted her to know that she could always count on me to be real. she could crumble in front of me, not have to put on a brave face for me and that i would sit by her and hold her hand. I guess I've been down that road of pain, so I am a very good
driver.

Please pray for my sweet friend. Tucker's one good friend; out of the few he'll ever have.

7 comments:

  1. What do you say in this situation? Kecia, what you said to your friend is exactly what you say. I know it's difficult when you are on this side of the cancer diagnosis but you gave your friend exactly what she needed to hear. And for you...many hugs and much love because it hurts when someone who is part of your world and someone your care about is in this situation. One day at time sweetie, it's all just one day at a time. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia, Im so sorry to hear the news about your friend. I have a dear friend who has ALS and I will lose her this year most likely. Its really hard, but so important to be the best friend we can be to them. I know youre friend will appreciate you being honest and real with her. Im sending up some prayers for her.. and you.
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending (((hugs))) your way. Check your email when you get a chance.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, what a dear friend you are. Praying for you both... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds to me like you said everything just right. now breathe. the best thing you can do is be there for her no matter what and you will. I see a pocket in your prayer flag somewhere (so you can "Tuck" in some love)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

    xo,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.
    I arrived here through Laura Carson's site. Love your work, by the way.
    I know what you're going through, from both sides. I'm an 11 year breast cancer survivor and my dad is going through his third round of Hodgkins. As a retired nurse I know that Non-Hodgkins is worse BUT, (BIG BUT) it's not as bad as it used to be! I think your words to her were exactly on! I also know from experience that attitude is everything. I hope you can make her laugh. Believe it or not it is truly is the best medicine.
    You're a good friend.
    Hugs!
    kat

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!