Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flea Market Friday - join in!

Hi and welcome to flea market friday. We show off our goodies the first Friday of every month and the rules are simple:

1) post about your flea market, antiquing, thrift store or garage sale items
2) link your blog post back here to flea market friday.

----------------------------------

So having just returned from 2 weeks on the road where i was hauling a trailer with a wee bit of spare room in it, my friends and i decided to hit as many antique, flea markets and thrift stores that we could pack in. Wow, did we go to a lot. I think i wore my friend, Pam, out! It was fun to take pics of all the stores we went to.






















--------------------------------------------------------

my favorite purchases were these:

this is an old Revlon drug store advertising display. I'm sure at one time it must have held packets of eyeshadow. it is so cool and the light on the top actually works. i bought it for a steal at $50 -i thought it would be the coolest way to display jewelry.




my other favorite purchases were these vintage dresses found in Michigan. for the most part, they are in great shape; just need a good cleaning! another steal at $10 a piece!


------------------------------------------


5 comments:

  1. WOW...I wish I could have tagged along. LOL\

    The display stand was very cool...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have been there, we don't have anything like that where I am (upstate New York)! They have some great markets in Quebec Canada but then we have the border hassle to go through coming home. Takes the fun out of it, lol.
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you did ALOT of shopping! It was wonderful seeing you at TCC and meeting the artist first-hand... Happy Friday - enjoy your short time at home! :) mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like one awesome trip ~ wish I could have stowed away. Great sign photos and those dresses.......sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the coolest things...I am hoping to get lucky at Mt Dora this November.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!