Finished coloring my faces! Look forward to the next step!! Thanks, Kecia for the informative videos & these darling faces!! I’ve always wanted to take a class from you & I’m really enjoying this one. Hope there are more to come!!😊
from Gina Parent -
"I just completed the "Sunshine Dolls With Kecia Deveny" class and am very
excited! I have a short attention span and Kecia divided the class into a
series of short videos that guide you clearly through all of the steps to
make her cool art dolls. She was very "to the point" without a lot of
needless chatter which helped me to focus on the easy steps used to
complete our project. If you are afraid of faces she mails you two
different ones of her own design for you to paint in your own color
choices to use for your doll. She inspired me with her instructions and
tips so I am flying with this class and want to make more dolls in my own
style. Thank you Kecia, you are an excellent and kind teacher!"
Hello and welcome to my info page for my new online class called, "Sunshine Dolls" with Kecia Deveney. The course begins on Jan. 1, 2020. Registration begins now. The price for the class is $55 which includes postage to send you the sunshine face (United States only. International postage will be handled individually). *Please note this is not a beginner, "how to use your machine or learn how to sew class". The course is built on the assumption that you know how to use your machine and have some sewing background. The class can be viewed indefinitely/with no expiration. Once you received class info, please print out class link info and place it in a folder (so that you can find it easily when you need it). Also, buy purchasing class, you RESPECTFULLY agree to not share class information. Thank you so much for that.
supplies and info:
- fabric scissors, thread (for the machine), machine needles, sewing pins, etc.
- assorted scrap fabrics, patches, words, preprinted fabric pictures
- sunshine face screen (supplied by Kecia). Additional faces can be ordered for $5 apiece.
- fabric markers or acrylic paint to paint the supplied face.
- polyfill (doll stuffing) or recycle pillow filling (no pillow feathers though!)
- dowel or hemostat for turning arms
- a working sewing machine. (hand stitching is an option, but there will be no instructions on hand-stitching your doll)
- 1/4" yard fabric for your front and back of doll
- focal image. Along with class information, I will be emailing a free download to use as your focal image ("I am an artist" statement as viewed in my photos). However, you are free to use anything that you like - this is optional.
- optional - PhotoFabric by Blumenthal Craft. find at craft stores or amazon. this is for use with an inkjet printer.
- optional - poly pellets. I like to stuff my dolls and then use a little bit of this at the bottom for weight. def not required though.
- optional - small amount of batting
1) Begins January 1, 2020. A link and password will be emailed to you before class begins. Please put my email, email@example.com in your contacts so that my email does not go into a spam folder. It is up to you to check your emails. If you have not heard from me, contact me via messenger on Facebook (you’ll need to send me a friend request if we aren’t already friends. *Please note this is not a “how to sew” class. This class assumes you know sewing basics such as the threading machine and winding a bobbin. I use a straight stitch throughout the project.
2) Self-paced videos are instant with lifetime access. You will need to be responsible for the class info site, login info, and passwords that I email you. I suggest printing it out when received or creating a folder on your computer, to easily find again. You’ll also have to be responsible for the fabric face in your packet. If lost, I can send another, but you’ll have to pay for postage and a new sunshine face. *Please note that I own this design and it is not to be copied or reproduced. Once you finish class, you should have the skills or ideas of how to create your own face of your own design. I appreciate your consideration of this. It is my suggestion to watch the videos first and then begin gathering your thoughts to proceed.
All sales are final. There will be no refunds before, during or after class.
Your registration gives you personal and individual access only. Please do not share your classroom login with anyone, out of respect for me, fellow participants and your own integrity.
You will not display publicly or online, or share in any manner to other parties any part of the videos. All contents of my course are protected by copyright law.
You will need high-speed internet access to view class content, with enough bandwidth to be adapted to viewing video streaming without any annoying interruptions or breaks in internet connections.
I am not, under any circumstances, responsible for any incident, injury, loss or damage that may occur to you as you take the workshop. We advise you to get acquainted with any safety measures that the use of your supplies, tools, and materials may require.*****
*by signing up you agree to all these terms.
*by signing up you agree to all these terms.