Wednesday, May 27, 2009

paper mache birdies & Judy Wilkenfeld


been making these cute little guys the last few days

--------------------------------------------

Also, i wanted to share that Judy Wilkenfeld, is coming to the states soon to do some teaching. In Aug. (8th and 9th) she is coming to Philadelphia to teach a book binding and techniques class based on her latest book, "22", which you can see on her blog right now.

The main crux of the class is for artists who wish to add mixed media artworks, shadowboxes, assemblages etc within a book form.
Lots of techniques:
Ageing
Binding
Adding boxes with old book covers so the contents won’t fall out
Applying mixed media dimensional artworks to a book page. If you are interested, i'll be happy to answer any questions, or feel free to email Judy directly at: judy@wilkenfeld.com.au. this is a great opportunity to finally get in a class with her while she is on the east coast. i think there are about 4 spaces left. I'll be attending, so hope to see you there!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kecia!

    I was going to take Judy's class in Philly but I am going to be at ARt Unraveled so I am taking her class in California instead at the end of August. I am so excited!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kecia, your birdie is SO CUTE!! How much do you sell these for if you don't mind?
    So glad you and your son and family are feeling better and more relaxed. Take care, hugs,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Birds! But I have to say, I was reading your Twitter updates and can't stop laughing over joining a Twibe!!That is too funny, do they really call groups Twibes? hehehehe, cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  4. how friggin' sweet is that little birdie! and judys class sounds awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!